New Features Overview
What’s new? Read on to learn how to use the latest features introduced to Vectornator for iPad.
Discover the latest features we introduced to Vectornator for iPad:
Auto Trace Illustration Mode
While we previously launched Auto Trace with two different modes for different use cases— Sketch and Photography—the 4.9.0 Update includes a new mode specifically for illustrations. Auto Trace Illustration Mode is designed to transform colorful raster artworks into editable vector illustrations within seconds.
• The Minimum Path Size slider sets the threshold for your path size. A higher value creates longer paths between points, resulting in a less detailed image, a lower value will generate shorter paths between points, producing a greater level of detail. By default, the Min Path Size for Illustration Mode is set at 10.
• Users can also set the Level of Detail to Low, Regular, or High.
• The Simplify option will generate vector shapes with fewer nodes.
• The Keep Source Image options allows users to keep the original image after the tracing process is finished. The original image will be below the newly traced image in the layer hierarchy.
Revamped Layers, Groups & Masks
You can now merge two or more layers.
• When two or more layers are selected, the Merge Layer ~ic-merge-layers~~ic-merge-layers~ option is available.
• To merge selected layers on iOS, use long press > merge layers.
• Layers are also easily merged with the drag and drop functionality. If you drag and drop a layer on top of another layer, the dropped layer is on top.
In our 4.8.0 update, we completely revamped the layer, nesting, and masking functionalities and introduced the new Click-Through feature.
• A redesigned and fully reworked Layers Tab ~ic-layers-tab~~ic-layers-tab~
• Unlimited Nested Layers and Groups ~ic-group~~ic-group~
• Editable Masks ~ic-mask~~ic-mask~ in their Isolate State
• Fast selection via Click-Through Mode
Multiple Color Palettes
With the 4.7.0 update you can finally create and import Color Palettes ~ic-palettes-tab~~ic-palettes-tab~, among the following new features:
• Add or delete colors on the Color Palette, including Gradients.
• Set a Primary Palette, which will be marked with a star icon).
• Import Palettes either by directly selecting the files or by dragging and dropping the Color Palette from Procreate into Vectornator.
• Search a specific Palette with the new Search feature inside the Palettes Tab.
⚠️ It is important to mention that only users who have iOS 14 installed will be able to access this new feature.
Design anywhere, everywhere. You can now store and sync all of your Vectornator creations across all your Apple devices by using iCloud ~ic-icloud~~ic-icloud~. Start working on your iPad and transition seamlessly to iMac to refine your work.
You can find all the new features in the Vectornator App for iMac as well. Discover how to use them in our Mac Manual ->